Sunday, February 17, 2008

Christ-like... so that's what it means...

I was watching the American Gladiators Finale tonight (I just watch it for the articles). Anyway, I got really frustrated with all the commercials and flipped up two channels. There I encountered a show I catch every once in a while, but every time I watch that show I end up with tears streaming down my face. You know what I'm talking about if you've ever seen Extreme Makeoever: Home Edition.
First of all, can I just say that I want Ty Pennington's job. You know, I want to make people's dreams come true using an unlimited expense budget provided by Sears.
Second, can I just say that I do not have anything to complain about... ever. There is this 19-year-old boy named Patrick Henry Hughes who was born with no eyes and without the ability to fully extend his limbs. This video explains better than my words can:





After I finished wiping the streaks of tears gently flowing from my eyes, I went to my computer to see if I could find the song Patrick sang at the end of the show. I made my way to youtube and found several videos of Patrick and his inspiring words and accomplishments. And, as one does when surfing the internet, I started looking at other videos and found one I haven't seen in years. The story of Dick and Rick Hoyt.
A father with a quadriplegic son whom he takes on marathons, triathlons, and Iron Mans. He won't do them without his son.




I am so grateful for these examples in the world. The internet is used for foul practices quite often, but there is so much good to be known in the world.
I don't know a better way to show the meaning of "Christlike" or becoming like God. I can only imagine that God feels so much for us. I hope and pray that I can love all of my brothers and sisters like these great men love their sons.

No comments: