Monday, October 06, 2008

To Blog or not to Blog?

It's amazing what a pretty face will do. Anyway, I've been inspired to try and keep this up, even if it's just a little thing here or there. In the past my blog has been more like a journal. Well, I think I'll make it a little more public and keep the truly private stuff for the journal.

I just returned from Alaska on Friday. It was surprisingly warm compared to when I was there in April. I arrived in Fairbanks last Monday after pretty much all day on planes or in airports. Tuesday, I went for a nice brisk run. I came prepared with all sorts of winter clothing because when I was there in April, it was -10˚. This time, in Fairbanks, it was about 25˚.
Here's a picture of the Fairbanks sunset outside my hotel room:



I spoke on Tuesday to some delightful, but small crowds and then went straight to bed because we were to wake up at 4:00am to go to the airport. In April, in the wee early hours of the morning, I was able to see Aurora Borealis (which is amazing) and was hoping to catch it again last week, but there were too many clouds this time. :(
I arrived in Anchorage and spent two more days there. We stayed at this hotel right by a small lake (I think it was man made) which contained a moderate amount of pontoon planes. The weather in Anchorage was a very nice 50˚ and was perfect for a morning run, minus so many layers.
Here's the lake with the sea planes:

I finished the evening with a very large crowd at the Hilton, and then killed some time in the concierge lounge before catching a 1:00am flight back home.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Okay, thats cool. Why were you in AK?

Celestial Soldier said...

I was in AK for work. I teach Real Estate investing for Rich Dad Education.