Thursday, October 23, 2008

The weeks seem to be getting longer- sometimes that's a good thing.

Last week I was in Ohio. I keep getting sent to Ohio, but I don't know why, I don't ever do very well in that part of the country. Oh well. It was very pretty there, nonetheless.

Cuyahoga Falls, OH


On Saturday I ran my first triathlon ever! It was held at BYU. I really didn't think I was going to do as well as I did, my goal was simply to finish. However, I made up a lot of time in the swim and did extremely well. I didn't really have time to give anyone notice, so there are no photos to document the event (except for the one they took at the end of the race with all 160 or so racers- to be posted soon!).

I loved the triathlon so much that I've decided to seriously start training for other ones. So Tuesday I got up early and went to the gym for a swim, then headed immediately out for my bike. I biked all the way to my sister's house and was just catching her leaving. She was taking her kids to the zoo and she invited me to come as well. After some thought, I decided it would be fun, after all, I sure do love my niece and nephew. Here are some of the zoo photos (I took 147 photos at the zoo).










Something I really love about Halloween and the fall season in general is pumpkins. I like pumpkin flavored foods and the color of pumpkins and I like carving pumpkins. On my mission there were no pumpkins, so instead I carved a watermelon. It was this crazed that started me into some really fun carvings. I wish I had a picture of that watermelon. It was Spongebob Squarepants.
Anyway, last year I figured out how to make some really fun patterns and here is the result:





This year, I made some more patterns and this is the first one of the year:







This Friday I will be carving more starting at about 9:00pm at my house... so if anyone (witches included *wink*) wants to bring a pumpkin and join me, I would love to have them.

No comments: