Monday, April 06, 2009

We Need to Talk

Most all relationships I've been in have ended on friendly terms. I can only think of one that I'm still not friends with. Tonight, a girl I went on a few dates with, during summer of last year, called me up and said, "We need to talk."

First of all, I haven't really heard anything, other than the traditional greeting, from her for months.
Second... NEVER call someone and say, "We need to talk." If you know you are going to see them soon, then just TALK. Sheesh.
Third, "We" didn't need to talk. She needed to talk. Don't say "we" if all of us aren't included.

Well apparently she thought she had handled things improperly and started mentioning "things that had happened" at "the end". And then she apologized and said she was changing some things. Honestly, I had no clue what she was talking about and I just let her keep talk because she obviously had some things she needed to work through.

Here's how I see it: Things didn't work out. The end. That's life, sometimes things work out, sometimes they don't. Life doesn't always need to be unnecessarily complicated.

We're still friends, but that was an... experience.

No comments: