Tuesday, March 31, 2009

G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S

It's interesting how many people's jobs may be glamorous. Me, I get paid to fly around the country, try to inspire others, and stay in hotels where I use mini shampoos. The side people don't see is where I continually have to pack a suitcase because I'm in a new hotel every day. I don't really get to talk to anyone because I don't drink or smoke or go to strip clubs. That means I get to speak in front of an audience twice a day for 2 hours, then go to my hotel room. I don't speak with anyone for a whole week. I'll tell you right now, it gets kinda lonely.
I'm in Alaska right now. In the morning, I'll get up around 4:00am to catch a flight from Fairbanks to Anchorage. I was on two planes yesterday. I'll catch a 1:00am flight on Friday.
Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful that I have a job, especially one that pays well, but it's not what it appears on the surface.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Well, I guess the answer is pretty clear: lower your morals. Then you can hang out in the strip clubs like normal people.

Celestial Soldier said...

There are an unusual amount of strip clubs in Alaska, btw.

Rachel said...

I didn't invite you to my blog soon enough and lost the text with your email. I'm a loser, I know!

Do you mind sending it to me again? Thanks! :)