Monday, March 23, 2009

Everything is Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Today's post is inspired by this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoGYx35ypus

(Sorry, embedding has been disabled.)


We live in a time of such convenience. I marveled today at how I set my oven to clean... and it cleaned itself! Amazing, I know. We often take for granted such conveniences and think that the world owes us something when these things don't work properly.

I often feel these amazements, mostly, I believe, due to my time spent out of this country. Just about everyone in this country has a microwave, self-cleaning ovens, and my favorite: a washer and dryer. I was at the store the other day marveling at all the different ways food is packaged and pre-prepared to make our lives more simple. In South America, if you want canned food, you better be prepared to drive to a large city, so you could go to a large grocery store, and shell out some extra money so you can buy one of the five canned foods... they just don't do it there.

All these conveniences are awesome, in the true sense of the word... not like hot dogs.

http://www.youtube.com/v/0rYT0YvQ3hs&hl=en&fs=1

No comments: