Friday, January 01, 2010

January 1



This first photo of the year makes me so happy. We had a HUGE party at our house last night. We cleared out the couches and speakers in my basement and set up a dancefloor. Upstairs we had karaoke and in one of the unrented rooms we set up Rock Band.
At first we had close to a hundred people in my house and I didn't know 80% of them. But it died down a little later as people made their rounds of parties that night. We ended up with about 40 people and I knew all of them.
I invited my good friend Maren to the party. I met Maren about 5 years ago in my parents' ward. She's quite an amazing person. She was valedictorian when she graduated from the U of U. She was Jasmine in Disneyworld for a few years while she worked on her law degree. Next month she is going to take the Florida Bar (she's already has passed California's). It made me happy she came. It's her silhouette in the photo.

No comments: