Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Thin Air

There is an art to conversation. My problem is that I never was good at art. I mean, I can be very creative, but it doesn't seem to be turned on all the time; and it takes a lot of work. As for conversation, I enjoy talking to people, but when it comes to getting one started, I seem to sometimes falter. I don't want it to come off like a job interview. Then again, I also don't want to talk about myself... well I do, because it's easy and it the subject I know most about, but I know better than that.
On another note, it's difficult to converse with someone who gives one word answers and doesn't ask any questions back. What do you do if that happens? Does it mean they don't want to talk to you? Are they simply not good at communicating? *sigh*

No comments: