Sunday, May 13, 2007

Sometimes, I really hate the game...

A few months ago, I wrote a note on facebook about how I freeze, about how I panic around girls whom I find attractive. I finally overcame that... a little. Two nights ago, I had a fantastic first date with a beautiful girl. I didn't feel uneasy or panicked at all. At the end of the date, I walked my date to the door, we exchanged phone numbers, then I went back to my car. You know in the movie Hitch where the guy throws his inhaler and then goes and grabs the girl and then kisses her and after she goes inside and shuts the door, he starts leaping and dancing in the street? Well, that's how I felt after that date, and I didn't even kiss her.
I went on another date the next night with a different girl and didn't really pay as much attention to that date because I was thinking of the night before.
Now, it's two days later and, even though she messaged me and said that she, "had alot of fun last night...thanks again!" She didn't answer the phone when I called and she won't respond to a PM I sent her on Facebook. Sometimes, I really hate this game. Now, I don't know what went wrong or if this a continuation of the game, but this thing, more than any other thing that comes to mind, makes me the most stressed out.
I once went on a date when I first started college and after the date, the girl said, "That was fun, we should do it again sometime." Well, to me, that means: We should do it again sometime, right? But no, this girl hid from me when she saw me in the hall, and she started lying on the phone when she talked to me. I mean, if you don't want to go out again, that's fine. I don't want to force anyone on a date, because that would be miserable for the both of us. Just give me a hint that you don't want another date, or tell me straight up. Yeah, if you tell me how it is I may be a little hurt at first, but it beats the pain of being infatuated with someone who you think may be interested as well and then finding out after much runaround that you've wasted your time. I like it short and to the point. Why can't life and relationships be as simple as, "I like you." Or, "I'm not that interested."? Why does it have to be this game?
Now, in this recent instance, the girl is not avoiding me entirely. She's responding on my facebook wall to my mundane questions, but I just don't get it. Is she interested or not? Am I being too impatient? When you find a good thing, shouldn't you go with it until you have to make a major choice? I mean, I'm not asking her to marry me or even start a relationship, for that matter. I just want to know if she would like to go on another date. Am I asking too much too soon? Stupid game...


---Update: This girl got engaged a week later to her ex-boyfriend and is now married. Yeah, that helps my self-esteem... *rolls eyes*

1 comment:

Celestial Soldier said...

Update: This girl got engaged a week later to her ex-boyfriend and is now married. Yeah, that helps my self-esteem... *rolls eyes*