Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Ye must repent, and become as a little child.

I just now had a full realization of why Jesus loves the little children so much, why they are so sacred. It all started early this morning before my flight. I came into the kitchen and I wasn’t feeling to well because of a little heartbreak the night before. There in the kitchen, on the counter, by herself, was my niece Destiny. Now, she’s not even three years old yet, but has quite the conversational skills. The second she saw me, she said, “Hi Uncle Jakey!” And her face lit up.
I went over to her and said, “Destiny, will you give me a hug?” And she lovingly reached her small arms around me and without being asked or prompted, she said, “I love you Uncle Jakey.”
It was at that moment that I realized how in tune the little children are with the Spirit. Now, I don’t recall Destiny ever saying that to me without being prompted by someone, and I could truly tell that she knew what I was feeling.
This is the very reason we are asked by the Savior to “become as a child.” Little children are so close to the Spirit. It was for this reason that they were prophesying when Jesus came and visited them in the Americas. In this life we become worn and jaded by the world by the carnal man, and, sadly, by sin. However, little children are protected in their innocence. They are the closest to our Heavenly Father and His kingdom before this earthly life.

1 comment:

Ms. Julie said...

And...little children love without hesitation, without condition. They are the ones who do best what the Savior admonished: Love one another, as I have loved you.

I'm glad you're feeling better. :)